The importance of drinking enough fluids each day is very high. It’s recommended to drink 1.5 to 2.5 liters (or eight glasses) of water a day. But of course this depends on needs and physical activity. Due to insufficient enter of fluids the body can dehydrate over time and this could be dangerous for our health. During summer period this need is much higher. We matte more liquid from the bodies trough sweat and this should be compensated. It’s best to drink water and natural drinks and avoid carbonated soft drinks, juices with lot of chemicals and sugar. They are very unhealthy and harmful for our bodies. Luckily, I don’t like those and never had a habit to buy them. Summer is season of delicious fruits and vegetables as watermelon, strawberry, apricots, cucumber, raspberry… These can be used in many ways. I will write you my favorite five drinks during summer. They are so easy to make- everybody can made them. Beside this, they are healthy, diet, but delicious for drinking. Sounds perfect?
1) First on the list is sassy water! Its made up by nutritionist Cynthia Sass. She claimed that by consuming this water you can lose weight. After only four days you can see results. But it’s also good for digestion. Ingredients are: 1/2 of ginger, 1 cucumber, 1 lemon and ten leaves of mint. Grate ginger, cucumber and lemon cut into rings. Put all this with mint in a glass carafe, pour water, shake and lay down in fridge to cool for at least ten hours. After this your sassy water is ready for consuming. 😉
2) Next recommendation for delicious drink are smoothies! All you need is blender, your favorite combination of fruits and some milk. It’s optional, you can put some yogurt, vanilla or coconut milk, etc. My first choice is low fat Greek yogurt. If you make it more nutritious, this drink also can be a breakfast. One of my favorite smoothies is with 2 frozen bananas, 1 orange, 3 apricots and Greek yogurt. It’s simple but super tasty. 🙂
3) This drink I started to drink because it looked very interesting. 🙂 But I also read the benefits of it and I was trilled, so I will continue with this good habit. I’m talking about infused water! This drink is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants. To mention it’s great for skin, metabolism, gives you more energy than regular water, cleans your body from toxins and much more.There are hundreds of recipes available. On the pic you can see with lemon and blueberries.
4) One of the associations for the summer is definitely watermelon! This is very tasty and refreshing vegetable at the same time. I found one recipe which I really liked. For this drink you need blender, three glasses of frozen watermelon, two glasses of lemonade and ice cubes. After blending these ingredients you will have wonderful non alcoholic cocktail. But adult version is great with some alcohol too. Vodka, cachaça or gin by your choice! 😉
5) Ice tea is also very refreshing and tasty drink for summer period. I love it, but I don’t buy it in the store. It’s full of additives, sugar, preservative… so I found recipe and decided to make homemade ice tea. I’m pretty satisfied and planning to make it more often. There are a lot of variations and I will write you one. Put six bags of tea in 1.5 liters of boiling water. After six minutes remove tea bags and let it cool. During that time you can make homemade syrup of strawberry and sugar ( or you can find in the store some natural syrup with your favorite fruit). After the tea has cooled you can serve this in glass. First put few ice cubes, syrup and than the tea. That is all. It’s ready for drinking! 🙂
Hope you will try some of these drinks if you have not already. Enjoy the summer! 😉